Dec 8, 2012

Futuristic Brussels (Is he kidding?)

It was Brussels, last week, and of course it was raining. I walked around a street corner, and met the future. Against a backdrop of shiny greasy wet cobblestones just off Place du Luxembourg, in front of the Parlamentarium, a vision that challenged me to confront my urban prejudices exploded into view. A tough, cool green-and-white wonder on four wheels stood plugged into a post via an orange cable. It was available. It could be rented. It was drier than a bicycle, faster than a bus, and cheaper than owning my own. What a great idea! I was walking to a meeting nearby, so it didn't fit my plan, but I remained impressed. A dozen photos later, and my surprise well-documented, along with a reassurance of being able to check it all out on a website, it seemed possible to move on. Brussels is getting better. You can investigate for yourself on the ZENCAR homepages, with lots of informative links to follow, and share my amazement at how simple they make it all. There, I learned that the car I saw is a Tazzari Zero two-seater buzzmobile. Bring us more, in more cities!




No comments:

Post a Comment